Comments: Too Many Questions

I have long lurked on the Knot, much to my fiancee's amusement. I find it a great source of info. I usually post questions (and answers) in a gender-neutral way so I don't alert the gals to my Y-chromsome status. I stick to a local board (Washington DC) which tends to reduce the mass of messages one must scan.

Posted by john at March 8, 2004 12:45 PM

I am a curretb Knottie and the information that other brides to be give is very helpful especially when you have worn your bridesmaids and maid of honor out on questions and complaints. A man could never understand how complicated and overwhelming weddings can be especially on the bride to be....

Posted by Susan at March 8, 2004 05:53 PM

It's because I know how complicated and overwhelming weddings can be that I am an active part of our wedding plans. My fiancee has different stress, but I wouldn't say she has more stress than I do. I go to IndieBride (and PlanetGordon, btw) because I don't like the attitude of people on other sites who think that "a man could never understand" the feelings of a bride. That's a little insulting.

Posted by Steve at March 8, 2004 11:20 PM

Rock on planetgordon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Paul at March 9, 2004 08:35 AM

No doubt! I'm a Knottie mostly because I need a group of anonnymous individuals to take out my wedding stress on ; ) - and no, I am not nor have ever been a troll. But the whole "it's her day" attitude so prominantly touted by girls who are upset because daddy is paying for the whole thing and has the audacity to request that he have a say in who is invited really reminds me that there are no intellegence or maturity prerequisites to marriage.....

I'll have to check out IndieBride - you know, for my less hostile desires for discussion.

Posted by Malinda (trevor.net's bride) at March 9, 2004 10:45 AM

i must admit that i'm torn by my own addiction to theknot.com's message boards and my usual (internal) reaction to the many, many inane posts: i.e., "get over yourselves ladies--who cares if he wears white shirt next to your ivory gown?!?!" thumbs up for bravely discussing this very dangerous wedding planning tool.

Posted by angela at March 9, 2004 11:14 AM

read your site everyday. my wedding is in june and its very helpful. keep up the good work

Posted by alex at March 9, 2004 04:12 PM

I'm a Knottie - my addiction to the message boards is actually alarming. Mainly I just lurk to silently mock the ridiculous questions asked by people that probably shouldn't be getting married. I mean, if you're asking a group of anonymous people on a public message board if your (and I swear this is not made up) off-white wedding gown will look "dirty" against the white tablecloths - should you really be getting married? I think you might actually lack the necessary brain cells to sign the marriage license.

I am also a fan of Indiebride and PlanetGordon - have to be balanced!

Posted by Alison at March 10, 2004 10:23 AM

The Knot stinks.

Posted by Wendy at March 11, 2004 12:06 PM

I too have a horrible knot addiction. Well, it's more like I am drawn to the train wreck every morning when I get to work. I must know the stupid things that were said and asked overnight.

The silly one's who get married and move on don't bug me nearly as much as the one's who get married and never leave.

Posted by Gloria at March 11, 2004 05:28 PM

In all fairness to The Knot, I was alerted to this exchange on their "relationships" message board that led to the resolution of a domestic violence situation. I certainly don't mean to impugn the entire Knot community as sometimes it can come together for the greater good.

Read about it at:

and

Thanks to Sarah for alerting me to this.

Posted by The Groom at March 15, 2004 11:56 AM

Yes, I too am a guilty Knottie. I can't quite understand my continuing obsession with the place, (besides entertainment value) as I found the information I was looking for fairly quickly and really have no reason to continue to browse. It may be a psychological crutch- before the engagement, I never considered myself a wedding-obsessed woman, but post-engagement, I sometimes feel the Bridezilla emerge. I think I use theknot to remind me that I'm not as wedding crazed as many women out there....

Posted by Kourtney at March 31, 2004 10:50 AM