Comments: The Littlest Groom

Thank god I got rid of my television 16 or 17 years ago and have remained happily innocent of anything on it. This makes me feel ill.

Posted by Lauren at February 3, 2004 10:17 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think all 'little people' are dwarfs (dwarves?). I think there is a difference between a midget and a dwarf.

Posted by E from Michigan at February 4, 2004 11:15 AM

Nice catch, E. I think you are correct. I'll look into it.

Posted by The Groom at February 4, 2004 02:16 PM

I've paraphrased this from

www.lpaonline.org

Dwarfism is most commonly caused by achondroplasia, which results in disproportionately sized arms and legs. Officially, the term "dwarf" is generally used to describe a person with a medical or genetic condition resulting in an adult height of 4'10" or less.

The term "midget" is sometimes used to describe a proportionate dwarf. Since it has bad associations with old circus freak shows, the term is not very PC these days.

So, yes, there is a difference, but it seems that "dwarf" or "little person" is more acceptable. Even "person of short stature" works for some.

As it says on the LPA website, most people would rather be called by their name than by a label, which is exactly why I have a problem with the Fox show.

Posted by The Groom at February 4, 2004 02:29 PM

Good. Good. Good. Program. Keep contakt. All the best Ricky

Posted by Ricky Danielsson at February 23, 2004 01:12 PM

WHERE CAN I MEET MAXIE ONLINE???? ANYONE??? HELP ME PLEAES!!!!

Posted by kabal at February 24, 2004 10:13 AM

Who ended up winning the competition ? I didn't get to see the very end of the show ?

Posted by John at February 24, 2004 10:52 AM

The conceited MS. Mika won the compettion...it was all about the size I think becays eit all came down to the average size woman and the midget.

Posted by Sara at February 25, 2004 12:54 PM

I would like to meet Mika!

Posted by Mike at February 25, 2004 02:23 PM

Some of you guys are so rude. Personally I think this is the best tv show yet. I'm usually not into reality shows but this one was just different. I think Glen is the sweetest thing ever and this show gave the opportunity for all those closed-minded people to see that little people may be small in size but they can still reach the stars and be bigger than most average people at times.

Posted by Nikki at February 25, 2004 03:12 PM

This was a terrific show. Its about time viewers see that little people have a normal life too. thumbs up to FOX

Posted by mary at February 26, 2004 11:23 AM

I was on the show and I thought it was well done.

Posted by Amy at February 28, 2004 02:34 AM

I was on the show and I thought it was well done.

Posted by Amy at February 28, 2004 02:34 AM

I am 5'10 inches and my friends think i joke around when i say the first time i saw Glenn on tv, i didn't kno he was way shorter then me but i was he is hot, i wouldn't mind meething Glenn.

Posted by S at March 4, 2004 06:47 PM