Comments: News Flash

As a republican I am choosing to ignore the "politics" comment you lined out, because this is a wedding site, not a political site. I have been checking out the USPS website looking at stamps and am thinking I'll order online so I can be sure to get the ones I want (which happen to be the ones you had originally picked!) - I just hope they come in a 60 cent denomination :)

Posted by julie at June 14, 2004 03:26 PM

man do people have thin skins. i'm a registered republican and reagan fan too but even i think the hoopla was a bit much last week. i thouhgt the post was funny. the guy was for less government spending so they honor him by giving everyone the day off which cost the goverment a lot of money. some tribute.

Posted by steve at June 14, 2004 03:49 PM

I'm surprised by the politics comment which was crossed out. I think it's a little disrespectful. Just had to put in my two cents. Congratulations! (on your invitations being sent out) And you're right...in the grand scheme of things stamp design doesn't matter much.

Posted by Tim at June 14, 2004 03:52 PM

Jeez, some people have no sense of humor. WAsn't the whole week political? I mean I guess we have to honor the guy but it was over the top...24 hour news...no end to it all...

Posted by Marc at June 14, 2004 03:57 PM

Whoa, everybody. Four comments in less than one hour means I should stop this before it gets out of hand.

First of all, yes, this is a wedding site, but it's also my personal site. I've tackled politics before (see my posts in favor of gay marriage) but my lighthearted comment is hardly in the same league.

If you think last week was all about tribute and not at all about politics then you only get your news from Fox. And, conversely, if you think last week was all about politics and not at all about tribute then you're not getting a very balanced perspective either. I meant no disrespect to the man, only a brief silly comment that was more a product of tribute fatigue than politics.

And now, back to our regular scheduled programming. Thanks for everyone's support. The next two months should be a blur so thanks for reading and keeping up.

Posted by The Groom at June 14, 2004 04:15 PM

YAY!! My favorite stamps!! I was a little miffed about no mail on Friday---I think I'm gonna try to get a job at the post office, or another branch of the government...they seem to get ALL the "holidays" off...

Posted by E from Michigan at June 14, 2004 09:45 PM

If you were miffed about mail, think of the out of town bride I heard about who had booked a flight just to get her marriage licencse in DC on Friday--oops, offices closed due to R's funeral and she has no more vacation days. That hurts.

Posted by john at June 15, 2004 08:48 AM

(Wait...were we discussing stamps or not?)

Those are the stamps we're using for save-the-dates and invitations (we'll mail those in August while you're honeymooning).

Me, I think they're purty :)

Suli