Comments: Stamps of Approval

I have let my fiance make the stamp decisions. He chose the purple heart stamps for the reply cards...he said they had a heart (ergo appropriate for a wedding) and supported our arms services. I have no idea what he will choose for the actual invitations. I realized though that choosing the stamps is making him happy, and i have little preference anyway!

Posted by S at June 8, 2004 12:30 PM

The postal service now offers a "wedding package" of stamps to help with this very issue. They are simple stamps adorned with a pink bouquet and come in $0.37 for the response envelopes and $0.60 for the invitations. Simple, easy, and they can be ordered online and delivered to your home. Most convenient. Worked for me.

Posted by christina at June 8, 2004 12:40 PM

After having my mother ask me about stamps the other day and now reading your post, I decided to check out the USPS website. There is a link for upcoming stamps - 6/23/04 they are releasing a Disney Friends stamp...I am thinking of using this, our invitees are friends, and I have a 6 year old son so it would be a cute way to tie him in. I am sure that idea will get vetoed by my mother, but I thought it would be cute :)

Posted by julie at June 9, 2004 08:32 AM

I chose the new "Wildflower" designs, mostly because they were wedding-ish, and because I'm sick of the LOVE block letters, and the candy hearts seemed too holiday-ish for July.

Your choices are great, though good luck finding them at any post office...you're better ordering them online.

Posted by E from Michigan at June 9, 2004 08:50 AM

We used the 37 cent 'Year of the Monkey' stamp for our response cards because they look very cool, monkeys happen to be good luck, and my nickname is 'H-Monkey' so they were quite appropriate.

Our invitations cost 60 cents to mail and we hated the 60 cent stamps available as domestic postage so we went with a 60 cent international stamp. We chose one that was a photograph of Acadia National Park.

I had a blast choosing stamps but I feel quite sure that nobody who got an invitation even noticed them.

Posted by Helen at June 9, 2004 09:28 AM

The US post office offers a 70 cent stamp of a Prairie. They are really nice and I used them for my wedding invites.

Posted by Karen at June 9, 2004 09:57 AM

we ended up up with blue egret stamps due to poor planning - i thought they were kind of funny though!

Posted by jamie at June 10, 2004 11:49 AM

We had a big "stamp discussion" over five years ago when we sent out a piddling 40 invites to the immediate family. To this day, choosing stamps has always been a bit of a touchy subject. HE always wants flags....icky boring!!! Funny, I can't even remember now what we used and it was such a BIG DEAL.

Posted by Laura at June 10, 2004 06:21 PM