Comments: Stag and Groom

Many cities have international newstands that may carry the magazine. Heck, Borders and Barnes and Noble now carry most of the UK's versions of Esquire, GQ, etc

Posted by john at March 24, 2004 10:21 AM

I think four pounds probably isn't prohibitively expensive if one actually lives in the UK. But even if I'm incorrect and that is pricy, the thing about wedding magazines is that their readers aren't people who are going to subscribe for the rest of their lives; they're people who will buy the magazine until the marriage is over and then they're probably pretty much done with needing to learn about weddings. So my instinct is that they wouldn't actually be too concerned with paying a little more for a few issues of a magazine they're never going to need to buy again. And since the pool of people about to get married is constantly renewing itself, edging up the price of one's wedding magazine (especially if one has no competition, as Stag and Groom apparently doesn't) seems like sort of a clever thing to do.

Posted by Francis at March 24, 2004 12:15 PM

I should read more carefully! I thought this was for same-sex marriage planning! :)

Posted by E from Michigan at March 24, 2004 02:14 PM

Hi,
I'm the publisher/owner of Stag and Groom. Thanks for the comments. I'll send a copy of the title (gratis) if you guys will email me your details. Anyone over in the UK should be able to find it but we have sold out in some places. If so, let me know where you're staying in the Uk and I'll send a copy out there.

Your comments about the prices are valid but please don't forget that if you compare it with the cost of UK wedding titles its actually cheaper. Its only when you compare it with the cost of a US title where it becomes costly.

Cheers

Chris

Posted by chris hanage at March 29, 2004 10:36 AM

I think it's fantastic! I haven't seen it but I shall be pointing the Mr in it's direction when it appears near us, Thank You! to Chris Hanage for even thinking up the idea.
Marriage plans are meant to be dealt with together and I think it's a shame that blokes haven't had a magazine to ponder over like we girls do over our Bridal Mags. Well Done!

Posted by Zoe at March 30, 2004 12:48 PM

I'm from Northern Ireland, getting married in september; I just had to say my best man bought me a copy of stag and groom and it's a great mag! It's good to see a wedding mag aimed at us guys for once! Keep up the good work!

Posted by Andy at April 15, 2004 08:09 PM

I was very interested to see a copy of your elegant new magazine at Chapters in Vancouver--second issue, I believe. Coveted one of those sprigged brocade vests ... with or without occupant.

I had not run into the term "besty" (or is it "bestie"?) for best man. Is that a common UK usage or a short form your staff/writers came up with? Just curious.

Thanks.

Posted by Pam Glenn at July 20, 2004 01:56 PM

Bought issue 3 of "Stag & Groom" and it was money well spent. Also found an advert at the back for some great stag t-shirts which we ordered on-line (www.piggi-clothing.co.uk) - we all wore them on the stag night and got a great reception - superb

Posted by Sam at July 22, 2004 08:14 AM