Comments: Is This Any Way to Treat Friends?

Good for you! I highly applaud your efforts! We feel the same way. I'm definitely all about not charging people to be part of your wedding. What is that, a wedding cover? We are catching a lot of attendant expenses as well.

Posted by Malinda (trevor.net's bride) at March 18, 2004 11:53 PM

I made my nightmare purple bridesmaid dress into our Halloween costumes last year. Pat, my boyfriend, was "The King of Beers" - he wore front panel of my dress as his cape. I was his Queen and used my wrap as my cape. The best part was getting busted on the reuse of the dress by a random girl in a corner store. I don't think Pat's ever been asked if he was wearing a dress before - or at least parts of a dress!

Posted by Alison at March 19, 2004 12:46 AM

never understood the whole dress thing. never seen one that looks good. i'll have my guys wear tuxes, but nothing special.

Posted by alex at March 19, 2004 10:50 AM

My bridesmaids got their dresses from Banana Republic...definately something they can wear again, and all 3 got them during the "end of summer" sale, about $75!!

Posted by E from Michigan at March 19, 2004 10:55 AM

My bridesmaids are wearing their own black cocktail dresses. They need another ugly dress like a hole in the head. I want them to feel lovely.

Posted by Lucy at March 19, 2004 04:40 PM

Hurrah! Everyone looks like me like I have a hole in my head when I told them I just asked my bridesmaids to find a dress in a solid color that was floor length. My sisters and best friend don't share skin tones either, so I wanted them to also be able to find a color they liked. My florist is going to work with me to pick out flowers in the tones they pick to pull everything together. They all love me. :)

Posted by Heather at March 20, 2004 12:27 PM