On a high school trip to Washington, D.C., my class visited the infamous Ford's Theatre and I remember picking up one of those Lincoln-Kennedy Coincidence? parchments for a few bucks in the gift shop. Since that trip to our nation's capital, I hadn't given the parchment much thought. Until now.
In an earlier post on this site a reader commented that Jennifer Lopez is well on her way to overtaking Elizabeth Taylor's record as the most-married celebrity in pop culture history. Ladbrokes, a British bookmaking firm, is even offering 10-1 odds that J. Lo will marry more than 8 times during her life.
I don't know if Elizabeth Taylor had a personal assistant named Lopez or if Jennifer Lopez had a personal assistant named Taylor, but I present, for your approval, the "Taylor-Lopez Coincidence?"
- Elizabeth Taylor married Richard Burton, who played a man named Marc Antony in Cleopatra. Jennifer Lopez married a man named Marc Anthony.
- Cleopatra, which sparked a media sensation when its costars began dating, later earned back only a fraction of its budget when it was released in 1963. Gigli, which sparked a media sensation when its costars began dating, later earned back only a fraction of its budget when it was released in 2003.
- Elizabeth Taylor launched a successful perfume line bearing her name. Jennifer Lopez launched a successful perfume line bearing her name.
- Elizabeth Taylor married globetrotting hotelier Nicky Hilton. Jennifer Lopez was nominated for a Golden Globe and attended the ceremony at the Beverly Hilton.
- Elizabeth Taylor married Larry Fortensky, a construction worker whom many thought was beneath her social class. Jennifer Lopez married Ojani Noa, a waiter whom many thought was beneath her social class.
- Elizabeth Taylor married John Warner, a Republican Senator from Virginia. In Maid in Manhattan, Jennifer Lopez's character falls in love with a man running for the Senate.
- Their nicknames, Liz and J. Lo, each contain three letters.Posted by The Groom at June 8, 2004 08:10 PM